In this post, you can know the useful instruction and problem of planting the specimen tree and shrub that will define their survival for the coming years.
Something to think about before planting
– When you think of planting any tree or shrub, the first step is determining a place to seed it. Some neighborhood and zoning associations have laws about types of plants you can grow and the place you can put them. Also, think of the property lines and legal rights. Watch the location to see an amount of sun trees can get. That will be an important factor in choosing your tree.
– All trees at garden centers have tags which specify things like shade or sun requirements. They will also show the dimension of each mature tree or bush so you can estimate the appropriate distance between your trees and overhead wires, landscaping, fences, or buildings. You also can see information about a gardening zone of each tree. You should choose plants from the local center to get trees capable with the climate of your area. Planting a native tree is the easiest and best option.
– It’s the best to plant a tree in the early spring or fall, so it has enough time to become accustomed to new conditions and climate before the harsh weather of dry summer or winter. You will also easily get an ideal option for plants in garden centers at these seasons. If you live in warmer areas, you can plant trees in the winter, fall or any time you want.
While these steps focus on gardening trees, the primary instructions for choosing, placing and seeding shrubs are similar.
Steps in planting a tree
When you have decided the locations and trees, you can follow the direction of planting below.
– Firstly, you should think of the distance of your location. Once you want to plant on a slope, it’s essential to level the place to maintain the appropriate depth for all roots of the tree. Then dig a hole with two times the size of these roots and a precise of a container. Make the soil loose at the base and other sides of this hole.
– Secondly, when you dig a hole, you need to keep the naturalized soil for the backfill. A tree will grow better because of the native soil that contains all good nutrients of nature. You also should check the depth of this hole again by momentarily placing the tree and its container in it. After testing, you pull them out and pour water in the hole for the moisten soil.
– Thirdly, separate the tree from the container by cutting the cover on both sides. Keep the tree in place by the roots and the soil surrounding them. Gently loosen roots to make them grow better. Ensure that you keep the trunk straight and the roots totally inside the ground.
– Fourthly, fill entirely the roots with soil. Gently pack the soil in the hole to take air pockets away.
– Finally, add mulch on the hole to keep moisture and save the roots from cold climates.
It’s spring now, and you can start planting your trees to get a beautiful garden in your house. That not only increases the beauty and value of the house , but also provides an ideal playground for your children and other family members.